Monday 11 January 2016

09- Planning- Focus Group





Focus Group Research:

From my research so far, I have learned that the audience I need to primarily focus on is a young adult (16-25) age group focusing primarily on a male demographic. The music style can vary from alternative, indie, classic, new age etc. Im going to use my focus group to find out what music style, colour scheme and name of the magazine should be. The people in my focus group will fit the target audience of my magazine and have an interest in the music style I am focusing on.

I created a focus group, as well as asked people what their preference is separately, to try and get a wide range of answers, and avoid bias.


Update on 11/01/16:


Which style out of the following do you prefer?
  • Alternative
  • Indie
  • Classic
  • Mix of all
  • Other

Which magazine title do you like the most?

  • Decode
  • Friction
  • Getaway
  • Immortal
  • Violence
  • Radioactive

Out of the 14 people I asked, the most popular magazine title was Immortal. I like this one because it means eternal, and the idea that music is 'immortal' is something i like the idea of.


Which colour scheme do you like the most?

  • Greyscale
  • Red black and white
  • Dark blue black and white
  • Dark green, black and white



Out of the 14 people I asked, the most popular colour scheme was red, black and white. I like this colour scheme as it follows the codes and convetions of magazines by having one main colour, but at the same time it isnt too busy. Red can be connoted with danger, passion, and its an assertive colour, to make it stand out.



      


































 
Update on 04/02/15


After asking someone from my focus group, I decided that one thing I should change about my magazine from my mock up was the colour. My mock up was blue, and I wanted to see which colour people preferred more.




From this, I decided to go with dark red for my final magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment